Sunday, March 14, 2021

Stunning Measurement DLO!

This week in Te Ngahere we have been learning about measurement. I learnt how to measure it in the appropriate places which is always keep it on a flat surface so it doesn’t break, always start from the zero or else it will get confusing and last of all make sure it is strate at all times. 


Then I learnt how to convert between mm and cm, 1 cm is 10 times bigger than 1 mm, 1 cm = 10 mm, 

3 cm = 30 , 5 cm = 50 mm and 1 m is 100 times bigger than 1 cm, 1 m = 100 cm

1m + 50 cm = 1.5m. And last of all I learnt how to estimate measuring accurately. 


I know two of my steps are 1 metre but if you stretch your legs out it is a metre two. For example if you were measuring a long mirror lay it down on the ground and then use two steps to measure it. 


The hardest part was to convert between mm and cm. Have you ever measured two of your steps before? I will embed my DLO.


No comments:

Post a Comment