Wednesday, March 10, 2021

The Worst Situation I've Ever Been In!

Last week in the Bay of Islands there was a Tsunami alert. It was so scary, first our class had to walk  up to higher ground lots of people were crying. After we were on higher ground I started to cry too I felt scared  and anxious because I was thinking that my parents were not safe and I was angry because I didn’t want to spend my whole day on a hill.


A few minutes  later of sitting on the hill I was allowed to call my parents and I asked them if they were safe and they said they  were  safe that made me feel so much better.  A few of my friends were gone because their parents took them to a better place. So that made me super bored and we were there for over 3 hours literally doing nothing all that I was doing was picking leaves of a tree and throwing them on the ground feeling bored. Below us were some rocks in the water and the tide was coming in so fast and eventually it was like the rocks weren't even there! We were doing a little quiz thing with Gina and the rest of Te Ngahere which was fun my parents finally came to pick me up and that made me a little happier. Then my parents took me up to high ground and after an hour or so me and my younger brother and my parents, took me to Kerikeri to pick up my older brother from high school. On the way back from Kerikeri we saw mini Tsunamis in the water then we drove home super fast luckily it wasn’t raining. 

Have you ever been in a Tsunami?




No comments:

Post a Comment